Eric's Travel Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Last Day = Cleaning Up + Packing

Well, I didn't make it outside yesterday except for a nice exercise session consisting of weights, running, swimming, and sitting in the jacuzzi trying not to faint. :-P

But, today is the last day here in Singapore so that means I need to clean up all the junk I have created and spread around and pack it up or throw it out. I ended up throwing out a bunch of stuff this time - more than I have ever been able to throw away before. I always thought everything was too precious to throw away because of the sentimental value. I guess my values have changed a bit. I still kept the majority of the stuff, but I can't believe how much I threw away! Also, I got better at sorting things I guess. I also tried my best to use post-it notes to label what was in each box so I would know it had been sorted, who it belongs to and the contents (a la Kato, Feder & Suzuki Law).

I also have to try and turn my old room into some kind of an office for my mom so I'll be working on that soon. I found a bunch of electronic odds and ends (adapters, cables, etc) that I have been wanting to buy sometimes so I'll bring those home to San Diego with me. I'm considering to bring back my MD player/recorder. I didn't get to use it much since I left the adapter in Beijing during the summer of 1999 but I have a bunch of blank MD casettes. I'm not sure how it can rival the iPod though - what a waste.

There is an electric Ibanez bass at Derek Dieu's place near the old American School campus near Ulu Pandan. I wanted to go get it but I'm not sure why I didn't. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any gifts... I don't have much Singapore money and I don't know if I have time... :-( Researching Nintendo DS stuff and Derbi SuperMoto stuff took a lot of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home